Do you love peanut butter?
b. It’s ok.
d. I’d die without it.
- Let me tell you folks, the only right answer to this question is d. Obvs.
- You see, these cookies are for the kind of people who answer d to the question above every time. I mean, look at those ingredients!
- Now that you’ve realized your error (if you chose anything but d, here comes the recipe (and a little bit of the story behind it).
- School is in full swing, I’m transitioning into a new role at work, and our girls’ soccer team has their first game this week. Life is moving along full speed.
- But- it seems like I can always make time to whip up a batch of cookies. My Mom always told me, “You make time for what’s important.” I loved/hated it when she said that, but it’s true. Priorities reveal themselves in what you do and how you spend your time. And let me tell you-if you’re a peanut butter lover, these cookies will make their way to the top of your to-do list! Enjoy!
- Reeses Monster Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Drizzle
- Yield:Approximately 30 cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4-6 Reeses cups, frozen and chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Drizzle Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter, slightly melted
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients in this order, mixing until just combined: baking soda, oats, and flour.
- Stir in Reeses cups and chocolate chips.
- Form into 1.5-2 inch dough balls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Make peanut butter drizzle by whisking melted coconut oil and peanut butter together. (I melted half of the peanut butter and used the other half straight out of the jar.) Once well-combined, drizzle over the cookies. Allow to set for 1 hour.
- Eat cookies/store at room temperature for up to a week.
Inspired by Sally’s Soft-Baked Monster Cookies